Big-animal changes over the early 2013 version include:
- Some material buried in the introduction and a few key Quick Quizzes has been pulled up into a new “How To Use This Book” chapter.
- Threre is significantly more material in the “Beyond Partitioning” section.
- A new “Hazard Pointers” section has been added to the “Deferred Processing” chapter.
- The “Data Structures” chapter has been filled out.
- Formal verification has been moved from an appendix to a new chapter following the pre-existing “Validation” chapter.
- A new “Putting It All Together” chapter contains some case studies.
- New cartoons have been added and some of the old cartoons have been updated.
Interestingly enough, even before its first edition, this book has seen some use in various classrooms. The memory-barrier information and the “Counting” chapter seem to be the most popular in that environment.
So what next?
Why, the second edition, of course!!! What else? :-)